Re: [LAD] DrMr: a new lv2 sampler/drum machine plugin

From: David Robillard <d@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 13 2012 - 23:04:48 EET

On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 17:02 +0000, Filipe Lopes wrote:
> Very nice plugin, I tested it in my host and works great in a small
> test (will give it more attention later).
> (Sad thing about no string-port or some other way to
> provide compatibility)

string-port (which is not implemented by much at all) isn't a very good
way to gain compatibility.

For the curious, plugin control beyond beyond floats is where the most
work has been going on lately and should be released soon, and is
working in LV2 svn as well as my simple test host jalv[1]. The relevant
stuff is the atom[2] and message[3] extensions. The example sampler
plugin[4] uses this to talk between the UI and plugin to load sample
files.

High level overview/rationale documentation is still nonexistent, but
particularly since there's a working example it should be pretty
figure-out-able.

This work, in conjunction with the state[5] extension, should remove all
need for control port kludges and plugins accessing the file system.

Cheers,

-dr

[1] http://svn.drobilla.net/lad/trunk/jalv/
[2] http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/atom