Re: [LAD] DrMr: a new lv2 sampler/drum machine plugin

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 13 2012 - 23:27:59 EET

On 02/13/2012 08:59 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 02/13/2012 05:20 PM, Nick Lanham wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I've written a new sampler/drum machine lv2 plugin called DrMr. You can
>> find it here: https://github.com/nicklan/drmr
>>
>> It's main reason to exist is to give a way for lv2 hosts to have a built
>> in drum synth that can save its entire state (i.e. no need to go out to
>> external tools and no need to save extra state). DrMr currently supports
>> the following:
>>
>> - Control via midi
>> - Scan for and load hydrogen drum kits
>> - Multi-layer hydrogen kits (will pick layer based on that sample's set
>> gain)
>> - Kit is set via an LV2 control
>> - LV2 controls for gain on each sample
>> - LV2 controls for pan on each sample
>> - GTK ui that can select a kit and control gain/pan on each sample
>>
>> There's more info in the README.md which you can see if you click the
>> above link. There are a couple of screenshots on the github wiki page.
>>

>> I hope people find it useful, and as it's rather new code, bug reports
>> are of course very welcome.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Nick
>>

> Hello Nick,
>
> Awesome news! Very little dependencies too so hopefully I can compile
> this without much issues. One thing though about the Wiki which states
> Qtractor doesn't support GTK UIs. This is not entirely true, QTractor
> does support GTK UIs but you might have missed a configure option,
> probably it's --enable-lv2-files which is not set by default (could be
> wrong here though).

drmr works ok on both old slv2 and newer lilv qtractor flavors.

otoh. lv2-files is subordinated to the lv2-state extension and it is
currently fubar (even on svn trunk). it is not deemed necessary in
anyway for any plugin to work properly, afaict.

cheers

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden