Re: [LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.4 - Echo Victor shouts out!

From: Albert Graef <Dr.Graef@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Sun Mar 04 2012 - 15:14:26 EET

On 03/04/2012 03:47 AM, David Robillard wrote:
> I probably said this. Internally it's like Jack in most of the
> important places, i.e. the actual type of the event payload is pretty
> much irrelevant. The biggest problem to solve is the on-disk format.

That shouldn't be a real problem. OSC is already serialized after all,
and uses network byte order. So you can just take those blobs and save
them to a file and read them back again.

> Control data (i.e. "automation") in Ardour is its own thing, not even
> really MIDI related. I co-opted the existing automation system as much
> as possible deliberately for this reason. It could be made to *send*
> OSC messages for curves pretty easily.

If it can be made to also record OSC messages and if I can pick the OSC
addresses that I want, then this would probably satisfy most of my needs.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany