Re: [LAD] Non Session Management

From: Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 28 2012 - 21:00:53 EEST

Am 28. März 2012 19:33 schrieb David Robillard <d@drobilla.net>:
> On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 18:31 +0200, Renato wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:35:26 +0200

> The mentioned functionality does not depend on a centralized file store.
That's right, but that was just _one_ of my possible scenarios.

> That's the point I'm trying to make, it's not "complexity that wins us a
> bunch of nice features", it's just complexity.

It might sound complicated, but your scenario has its difficulties too.
Actually I've been talking about a list of filenames, with 3 state flags.
How is that sooo complicated ?
The surrounding thoughts are complicated, yes.

I've not tried to invent anything particular complex,
but something that appeared suited for desirable functionality.
If your opinion is different, I'm ok with that, but don't claim it's
the only option.

> Lack of a centralized file store does not mean large files would be
> duplicated.

I'm not against de-centralisation, if reliability is preserved.

--
E.R.