Re: [LAD] JACK session API in Perl, Python, Ruby, and Lua

From: Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 28 2012 - 21:51:00 EEST

Am 28. März 2012 19:35 schrieb Ed Sweeney <ed@onextent.com>:

> Hi folks.  I'm the author, new to the list, new to audio, been on vacation
> but back now and hoping to learn and contribute.  Programming / playing with
> jack has been fun!
>
> Emanuel, thx for the suggestion.  The job of that mutex is to block the
> callback until the user code has run, _trylock wouldn't do that.

Thanks for asking back.

Note:
JacksEventQueue_put()
uses malloc() and also a blocking mutex.

This has to be modified to be lock-free (non-blocking).
But rather use a different, existing, verified data-structure.

jack_ringbuffer is a possible option, for IO to/from the callback.

more here:
[[ http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/programming_libraries#lockfree_non-blocking_data_structures_-_libraries
}}

But don't get lost. The topic is large... ;)

Your code looks very clean.
I like that you are using C.

Emanuel

--