Re: [LAD] simple silence detection tool

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 10 2013 - 18:16:43 EET

On 02/10/2013 08:38 AM, Jeremy Hansen wrote:

> I'm looking for a simple tool where I can point it at an http audio
> stream, define a number of seconds to detect silence and exit with a
> non-zero status if silence is detected. It seems like this should be
> easy but I've been search high and low for such a utility and nothing
> simple exists. Unfortunately I'm not much of a developer, but this
> doesn't seem like it would be that difficult. Maybe it's harder than
> I think, hence no tool that I can find.

https://github.com/x42/silan may do the job. It prints ranges or silence
in a file or stream (incl. mp3,aac,wma,ogg,m4a,.. decoding and http,
rtmp stream support thanks to libav/ffmpeg). It is used by airtime
(sourcefabric's radio) to highlight silent ranges.

silan -t 0.1 -s -60d "http://mp2.somafm.com:9016" \
| grep -quiet "Sound Off" \
&& echo " do something"