[LAD] simple silence detection tool

From: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 10 2013 - 09:38:53 EET

I'm looking for a simple tool where I can point it at an http audio stream, define a number of seconds to detect silence and exit with a non-zero status if silence is detected. It seems like this should be easy but I've been search high and low for such a utility and nothing simple exists. Unfortunately I'm not much of a developer, but this doesn't seem like it would be that difficult. Maybe it's harder than I think, hence no tool that I can find.

Thanks
-jeremy