Re: [LAD] forking (was Re: Aeolus)

From: hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Sat Sep 21 2013 - 09:10:31 EEST

Am 21.09.2013 08:00, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 21:28 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>> Maybe the free software community fails to understand that, in which
>> case I feel completely justified not to contribute to it.
> That's a good idea. Reading your comments I would welcome that, because
> than all the trouble would stop, for you and for the guy who forked your
> GPL'ed project. Until some days ago GPL'ed meant to be GPL'ed and now
> the community seriously is discussing that GPL'ed perhaps isn't GPL'ed,
> that does harm FLOSS very much.

Ralf, please stop this. You seems to have no Idea about what the blame
is here. Read here,

    Why, When, and How to Fork an Open Source Project
    <http://jamesdixon.wordpress.com/forking-protocol-why-when-and-how-to-fork-an-open-source-project/>

http://jamesdixon.wordpress.com/forking-protocol-why-when-and-how-to-fork-an-open-source-project/

It's not about "your rights", it's all about netiquette, and Fons stated
out a issue in the GPL, which wouldn't be a issue, if people keeps a bit
of the above link in mind.