Re: [LAD] MIDI-2-TCP, TCP-2-MIDI

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 02 2018 - 14:26:40 EEST

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 3:02 AM, Will J Godfrey <WillGodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> As a matter or interest, the only time I've had missing noteoffs with
> standard MIDI was when I had only a single MIDI port, and daisy-chained a
> sound
> canvas and two keyboards (both sending active sensing). One for the
> keyboards also had a pedal attached. Having said that I always used good
> quality
> short cables.

a couple of days ago, while working on MIDI Clock support in ardour, i was
trying to figure out the origin of some missing Clock (0xf8) messages. they
would arrive every 830 samples plus or minus about 30 samples,. but every
once in a while, the gap would be twice that.

long story cut short: just changing from using my MOTU Ultralite AVB for
MIDI I/O to a Midisport 2x2 fixed the problem. No more missing Clock
messages.

could be relevant to stories like the one above. there's no good reason for
this, but it is how things are.