Re: [linux-audio-user] Midi Software Sampler

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Midi Software Sampler
From: levi hormann (ltanyon_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 10:20:01 EEST

I didn't mean to diss soundtracker or your work, Luc. It is much
appreciated.

It appears I overlooked muse, as it didn't come up very high in my
searches on freshmeat and other places. I will have to try it out.

In regards to the custom midi key control interface you're working on,
it sounds awesome. I look forward to putting those extra keys on this
bug lug to use. It looks like muse has something similar as well.

I hope this information came to use for somebody besides me. It appears
there is a lot of crossover from the devs on linux-audio-dev to here.
 I'll see what I can do about getting more users here.

I look forward to the day when professional musicians can look to linux
for all they're sequencing/synthing/sampling needs. I'm always trying
to extol Linux to my windoze friends, and so far this has been a place
where my argument has come up short.

Where Linux comes short in usable programs it makes up for in
development it would seem.

I hope I'm not off topic,
Levi