Re: [linux-audio-user] Midi Software Sampler

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Midi Software Sampler
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 13:49:43 EEST

levi hormann hat gesagt: // levi hormann wrote:

> I just bought a midi keyboard controller lately. Now, I realize it can
> produce no sounds of its own, only send midi messages to the computer
> about note pitch, length, etc. I should have done some research
> beforehand, but I felt farily confidant that a linux software midi
> sampler of sorts would exist for Linux.

Besides all the good tips you got from the others I would add the
modular software synths Csound, jMax and my favourite PD to the list. They
all can handle midi input from external keyboards or controllers and it
really is great fun to play your self-designed instruments this way. You
can build software samplers or real synths with these tools.

You really should try it!

bye,

--
                                                 __    __