RE: [linux-audio-user] Complete Transition

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Complete Transition
From: M. Edward Borasky (znmeb_AT_aracnet.com)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 20:13:26 EEST

I am completely underwhelmed by Alsa -- as far as I can tell they are not
ready for prime time and aren't likely to be so for some time. I haven't
found anything for Linux that compares with CoolEdit 2000. I have a Delta 66
on my Linux box and I ended up buying the OSS/Linux driver just to get on
the air ... even *that* was a major hassle and it's *not* open source. I'm
probably going to end up dual-booting my "Linux box" with Windows 2000 or XP
just to be able to access all my hardware and have some tools.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Chief Scientist, Borasky Research
http://www.borasky-research.net  http://www.aracnet.com/~znmeb

Stand-Up Comedy: Because Man Does Not Live By Dread Alone