Re: [linux-audio-user] Is MIDI on-topic here?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Is MIDI on-topic here?
From: luis jure (luisjure_AT_multitel.com.uy)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 14:22:23 EEST

Larry Troxler escribió:

> Just wondering if the intent of this list is to also encourage
> discussion about MIDI on Linux, or is it strictly for audio as the name
> of the list implies.

i have just subscribed to the list and i don't know how much is my
opinion worth, but i guess midi should be an important topic of this
list. one of my main interests in subscribing to the list, in fact. i
hardly ever use midi in real life, but it's something you must have
working in every machine dedicated to audio and music, and one of the
areas where linux is most clearly behind other o.s.es, in my opinion.

on the other hand, with all them software synthesizers, virtual samplers
and the like, the distinction between "midi" and "audio" is not always
that clear.

lj

-