Re: [linux-audio-user] linux tracker

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] linux tracker
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 14:45:20 EEST

matthew yee-king hat gesagt: // matthew yee-king wrote:

> anyone know of a tracker that is arts aware and does midi / can route
> midi through to arts synths, or am i gonna have to program me own? ;)

Soundtracker can only read midi data, AFAIK. But there is a pure midi
tracker called "tektracker [ttrk]" (http://div8.net/ttrk/). It's a
console/xterm app, that's really nice to use. I often test my midi
patches in PD or Csound with ttrk over an ALSA virtual midi connection.

_From the website:

Features

    * Tracker-style step editor.
    * 256 channels, each with 256 patterns.
    * Songs up to 4096 patterns long.
    * Pattern copy and paste.
    * Sync to external MIDI.
    * Sends MIDI sync.
    * Convenient channel mute buttons for live play.

The only feature I miss is a Swing/Shuffle-Setting (like the "f"-effect in
XM trackers)

bye,

--
                                                 __    __