RE: [linux-audio-user] BC2000 redux

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] BC2000 redux
From: M. Edward Borasky (znmeb_AT_aracnet.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 17:40:47 EEST

*Anyone* can be put out of *any* business by a strong enough legal force.
The moral of the story is *never* pick a fight with someone that has
superior force. Digital forgot this -- they sued Intel. The piece they
fought so hard to protect is now part of Intel, and the parts that Compaq
didn't dispose of will be at Hewlett-Packard's disposal not too long from
now. It took the Federal government and a number of State Attorneys General
to even make a small dent in Microsoft and the tobacco industry, and neither
shows any sign of taking permanent damage or of changing their behavior in a
major way. As Damon Runyon said, "The race is not always to the swift, nor
the battle to the strong -- but that's the way to bet!"

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Chief Scientist, Borasky Research
http://www.borasky-research.net  http://www.aracnet.com/~znmeb

Stand-Up Comedy: Because Man Does Not Live By Dread Alone