[linux-audio-user] Real* Plugin and MIME type difference

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Real* Plugin and MIME type difference
From: Richi Plana (richip_AT_mozcom.com)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 20:42:08 EEST

Hi,

I'm using Mozilla and the Linux version of the RealPlayer plugin
(ver.8). I tried listening to CNN's live broadcast but my browser
returned with a message that it couldn't find a plugin for MIME type
"audio/x-pn-realaudio". I did an about:plugins and it seems the RP8
plugin only registers the type "audio/x-pn-realaudio/plugin".

Is there any way to let the browser know that to handle the MIME type as
returned by the site, it should use my RealPlayer plugin?

Yours truly,
Richi Plana