Re: [linux-audio-user] Compiling information - totally [OT]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Compiling information - totally [OT]
From: G.LeeJohnson (TheCarpenters_AT_imyourhandiman.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 02:21:22 EEST

> I don't think this is "totally [OT]" at all; this is a real issue of
> particular importance to vertical markets where nearly all the users are
> non-technical from a CS standpoint. The arts certainly fall into that
> category, the inevitable exceptions aside.
>
> Rob

I agree 100%...it's definitely NOT OT....its specific to a need ( my
need as I almost gave up on linux because there wasn't what I needed for
audio but its growing by leaps and bounds ) .....if linux is to 'catch
on' and help EVERYONE in the process it does need to remember a few of
these golden rules.....gee ya think thats why windows is so popular???
or is it just that people like Bill so much...lol

which is why we still don't have support from a variety of
vendors!!!!..at least in part.

:-)

lee
-====