Re: [linux-audio-user] Compiling information - totally [OT]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Compiling information - totally [OT]
From: Rob (kudla_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 04:28:34 EEST

At 04:21 PM 9/18/01 -0700, G.LeeJohnson wrote:
>which is why we still don't have support from a variety of
>vendors!!!!..at least in part.

I was just last night visiting a friend who runs a good-sized indie label
out of his house, and he was lamenting the lack of hardware support under
Linux for his rack of Darlas, his old MOTU gear, etc.

He runs Linux on his servers but for his DAW he's stuck with Windows for
now. Cool Edit Pro plugins like Antares Autotune were another issue he
mentioned, but I have hope of something like freeverb taking off someday
the way GIMP and its plugins did thanks to a lot of math-wizard Linux users.

Rob