Re: [linux-audio-user] SBLive mailing list?

From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 01:16:57 EEST

On Sun, 2001-09-23 at 01:35, HormoneX wrote:
> I may be mistaken on this, but I believe the SBlive has a separate dsp
> chip for it's "environmental audio" and the out put from the wavetable can
> be routed through it. The DSP chip itself is supposed to be programmable,
> so it should bepossible to implment extarnal midi control for those
> effects while simultaneously using the wavetable rom sounds. On 22 Sep
> 2001, Josh Green wrote:

I was actually talking about the Sound Font related wavetable effects
themselves. The sound font v2.01 standard has a specification for
Modulators which allow real time control of the sound font based effects
(Reverb, Chorus, Pan, Filter Fc, Volume Envelope, Modulation Envelope,
the 2 LFOs). Of course like you said any other effects could be added on
in addition to this, but I was talking internally to the wavetable
synth.

--
    Josh Green
    Smurf Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net)