Re: [linux-audio-user] multitrack

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] multitrack
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 23:42:44 EEST

Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> has boris nagels shown up again on the net ?

Not that I know of. I have tried various times to find him, with no luck
at all. I've written to former colleagues of his and received zero
response.

> last thing i knew was that the available source is outdated and the
> most recent version is binary only and linked against the old libc5
> (which i don't have, so i've stopped using it). any news ?

No news, but my paper will address the libc5 problem. I'm thinking of
making a package that contains Multitrack 2.2 and at least the SVGA
libraries; most of the other necessary libc5 stuff is included with the
mainstream distros (I think; at least it's included with RH 6.1).

Multitrack works quite nicely with the appropriate libs, drivers, etc.,
but sources would be heavenly. At any rate, someone could take its
interface as a design guide and create something similar.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net

Currently listening to: New London Consort, "Olim sudor Hercules"
(Carmina Burana)