Re: [linux-audio-user] trimming a sample to make a perfect loop?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] trimming a sample to make a perfect loop?
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 21:58:12 EEST

Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> > Are there other editors that support loop editing like this? I haven't
> > tried some of the recent crop - audacity et al.
>
> isn't that what SpiralLoops does ? haven't checked it, only seen
> screenshots, but it looked impressive.

Yeh it does (not an editor thoough) but you can't really change anything
on the fly, at least not with my cards, without getting dropouts and the
sound quality of oss is not that hot compared to alsa.

I am in the process of writing a useful loop function for alsaplayer
which will allow realtime adjusting but it is taking me a while. Not
helped by the fact that Andy moves pretty fast with his code so I was
constantly going over the same things just to keep up.

One day soon I'll have another go no doubt.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com - For the discerning hardware connoisseur.