[linux-audio-user] Soundcard supporting several audio streams

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Soundcard supporting several audio streams
From: Stefan Schwandter (stefan.schwandter_AT_web.de)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 19:45:59 EET

Hello,

is there a (not too expensive) soundcard, that supports multiple output
streams natively (i.e. without the need for a sound server).

My card (Terratec XFire 1024) supports it under Windows, but not under
Linux, not even with the latest ALSA drivers.

I hate it when applications stall just because another is keeping the audio
device open.

regards, Stefan