Re: [linux-audio-user] Soundcard supporting several audio streams

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Soundcard supporting several audio streams
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 04:52:07 EET

Stefan Schwandter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there a (not too expensive) soundcard, that supports multiple output
> streams natively (i.e. without the need for a sound server).
>
> My card (Terratec XFire 1024) supports it under Windows, but not under
> Linux, not even with the latest ALSA drivers.
>
> I hate it when applications stall just because another is keeping the audio
> device open.
>
> regards, Stefan

It is actually possible to use the .asoundrc file to set this up so alsa
does it. Maybe it is about time we spammed the alsa-devel list and user
list asking them to explain how to do this. In fact I will accidentally
add them as a recipient.

Abramo - You have said it is possible. How do we do it?

Please give us an example we can understand.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com - For the discerning hardware connoisseur.