Re: [linux-audio-user] finale 2000 on wine

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] finale 2000 on wine
From: Malcolm Smith (spock_AT_canopus22.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 09:09:39 EET

In message <3BFD6A95.ABC4469C_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de>, Jörn
Nettingsmeier <nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de> writes
>> > everyone on the list to write a letters asking to port Sibelius or Finale
>> > natively onto linux.
>>
>> That made me think: Perhaps LAU could sponsor and send such letters,
>> with a signatures list of interested members ?
>
>ok, whoever wants to sign, follow up to this thread.
>later we can beef all the replies up into a nice letter.

COUNT ME IN

I wrote to Sibelius a year or so ago asking for Linux support, but they
said no. Maybe if enough of us speak....

They have just released Version 2, of course, so their programmers are
probably itching for some new challenge. Better still they could do the
honourable thing and release the source.

Malcolm