Re: X version & LL, was Re: [linux-audio-user] Low latency & journaling filesystems?

Subject: Re: X version & LL, was Re: [linux-audio-user] Low latency & journaling filesystems?
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 03:39:00 EET

On Sat, 2001-12-01 at 08:10, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 09:18:46PM -0800, Josh Green wrote:
> > I use reiserfs myself, many others who use low latency patches do as
> > well. Reiserfs I believe is one of the code paths that is checked for
> > Andrew Morton's low latency patch.
>
> Cool, I'll try reiserfs.
> Now my next question...
> Does it still matter what version of XFree86?
> I remember hearing that 4.x was problematic for some reason.
> Is that still the case? Are people still running 3.x?

With things like your file system time I can understand why you would
want to find out if it has any latency problems, but with other software
like kernel, X version, etc. This is all fairly easy to change later if
you have problems. Try things out, see what happens. There is no
guarantee of low latency, there are lots of factors.

--
    Josh Green
    Smurf Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net)