Re: [linux-audio-user] midi

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] midi
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 00:55:01 EET

On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 13:02, dave willis wrote:

> > 2 - is there a way timidity or other software synthesizer can be
> > recognized as the midi device by a sequencer like jazz, muse or
> > brahms?
>
> i don't use these, but i know that it can be done with oss (softoss),
> which i also don't use, and hopefully with alsa. if not, midishare might
> work.

iiwusynth is probably a better option. I believe MuSE has direct support
for it, and if not it can be configured to run as an ALSA sequencer
client which means any ALSA sequencer can connect to it.
http://www.iiwu.org/iiwusynth/

It uses sounds fonts. Still some issues with particular fonts, but it
sounds really good :)

--
    Josh Green
    Smurf Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net)