Re: [linux-audio-user] USB Midi and Latency

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] USB Midi and Latency
From: Laura Conrad (lconrad_AT_laymusic.org)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 16:57:32 EET

    Erik> Is anyone out there using USB Midi for real music; driving multiple
    Erik> midi modules/synths and a couple of inputs?

    Erik> Can anybody shed any light here?

I can't shed any light, because the linux usb-midi module I downloaded
wouldn't compile in the current state of my system. (Mandrake 8.0
with some botched attempts to upgrade this and that.) My Roland ED
UM-2 interface works fine on my windows box, although I'm not driving
it very hard.

But if you get any light from elsewhere, I'd be interested in hearing
about it, and when I get around to reinstalling my system, if I manage
to test the usb midi I'll let you know.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad_AT_laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574