Re: [linux-audio-user] portable recording device

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] portable recording device
From: Laura Conrad (lconrad_AT_laymusic.org)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 23:11:45 EET

    Ben> So far, a minidisc recorder seems to be the main option. Can anyone
    Ben> comment on the sound quality of these - both the encoding format and
    Ben> ADC/DAC? Which brands are good? Are there any other viable options?

I don't do professional quality recordings. I've really enjoyed
having my minidisc recorder, and I have a few examples of what it can
do on the web at http://www.laymusic.org/instruments.html

This is just using the analog out to record to hard disk, and fairly
minimal editing with snd and ecasound.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad_AT_laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574