Re: [linux-audio-user] midi file editor/sequencer/player

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] midi file editor/sequencer/player
From: Mark Constable (markc_AT_renta.net)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 14:53:37 EET

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:23, dave willis wrote:

> looks interesting, but the README says that it cannot yet import midi. i
> don't care about mp3, and it says nothing about sound driver support. i'm
> not sure about using such a new program on such a massive peice as the 9th
> symphony, either. what i really need is some sort of midi-file module
> for pd (or even jmax). maybe i should write one if i can't find one...

Jazz++ || Brahms || Melsys ?

There are plenty of half finished things around. Surely
it would not take that much to get just one decent MIDI
sequencer without any extra crap in it. A GUI front end
to iiwusynth would be half way there, at least it's
already got Soundfont 2.1 support.

I can't believe those turkeys on LAD saying "no one uses
MIDI anymore"... well, they may not... but you, and I,
are desperate (you're threatening to code one) for
something that works.

Is anyone aware of any significant improvements with MIDI
GUI based sequencers ?

--markc