Re: [linux-audio-user] midi file editor/sequencer/player

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] midi file editor/sequencer/player
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 15:59:49 EET

Mark Constable wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:23, dave willis wrote:
>
> > looks interesting, but the README says that it cannot yet import midi. i
> > don't care about mp3, and it says nothing about sound driver support. i'm
> > not sure about using such a new program on such a massive peice as the 9th
> > symphony, either. what i really need is some sort of midi-file module
> > for pd (or even jmax). maybe i should write one if i can't find one...
>
> Jazz++ || Brahms || Melsys ?
>
> There are plenty of half finished things around. Surely
> it would not take that much to get just one decent MIDI
> sequencer without any extra crap in it. A GUI front end
> to iiwusynth would be half way there, at least it's
> already got Soundfont 2.1 support.
>
> I can't believe those turkeys on LAD saying "no one uses
> MIDI anymore"... well, they may not... but you, and I,
> are desperate (you're threatening to code one) for
> something that works.
>
> Is anyone aware of any significant improvements with MIDI
> GUI based sequencers ?

if you have some experience with tricky compilations, please check
out werner schweer's muse (http://www.muse.seh.de).
the midi sequencer beats anything i have seen for linux so far.
werner is working on audio integration as well, but that is not for
the faint of heart yet.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany