Re: [linux-audio-user] Soft synths with ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Soft synths with ALSA
From: Leigh Dyer (leigh_AT_eclinic.com.au)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 01:40:24 EET

> > So, has anyone got any of the following working with midi control
> > under ALSA 0.9x?
> >
> > SpiralSynth
> > SpiralSynthModular
> > XSynth
> > RTSynth

I've got SpiralSynth and SpiralSynthModular working fine on my machine
(1.2Ghz Athlon, SBLive! value sound card, ALSA 0.9beta10 I think on
Debian unstable) and successfully taking input from my Yamaha CS2X
keyboard. They're both fantastic programs - lotsa fun to tweak. This
kind of setup makes up for the CS2X's lack of any real synthesis :)

Thanks
Leigh