Re: [linux-audio-user] Soft synths with ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Soft synths with ALSA
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 07:46:39 EET

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 10:40:24AM +1100, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> I've got SpiralSynth and SpiralSynthModular working fine on my machine
> (1.2Ghz Athlon, SBLive! value sound card, ALSA 0.9beta10 I think on
> Debian unstable) and successfully taking input from my Yamaha CS2X
> keyboard. They're both fantastic programs - lotsa fun to tweak. This
> kind of setup makes up for the CS2X's lack of any real synthesis :)

Can you send my your .spiralrc? I don't know why I still can't get
spiralsynth to work with midi input. (it works with the pc keyboard
interface). I do have midi input working now - I was just stupidly
using the wrong /dev/midiX. pd and csound are both working fine with
alsa's oss rawmidi emulation.

Oh yeah, I'm also on debian unstable and alsa 0.9x (recent cvs
version).

--

paul winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com music: http://www.reacharms.com calendars: http://www.calendargalaxy.com