Re: [linux-audio-user] Soft synths with ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Soft synths with ALSA
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 20:42:59 EET

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 08:27:34AM -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I have never had to do a full reboot for any audio stuff. You can type in
> top and kill what ever it is that is using it.

Usually, yeah. But I think there's been a time or two when I couldn't
find anything still using the midi device, and pd would start without
complaint, but wouldn't get any data. Might be a buggy midi device.

--

paul winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com music: http://www.reacharms.com calendars: http://www.calendargalaxy.com