Re: [linux-audio-user] Soft synths with ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Soft synths with ALSA
From: dave willis (dubson_AT_dhammanet.net)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 21:27:07 EET

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> I have never had to do a full reboot for any audio stuff. You can
> type in top and kill what ever it is that is using it. It might label
> it as csound. just hit k then the type in the pid number (the number
> on the left) then if asked type y or yes then hit enter. Anouther
> thing that I have done is to fully log out and then log back in. You
> should not need to reboot.

well, that's all fine when it's a program, but not when you have a buggy
driver running in the kernel. my ymf744b card would lock up under certain
conditions with either an older alsa or oss driver and you can't unload a
driver that thinks it's in use when it's not.

-dave

--
perl -e'@email=split(//,".tenmhd\@nosbud");foreach$letter(@email){$
email=$letter.$email;}$email=~s/(m|net\.)/a\1\1/g;print"$email\n";'