Re: [linux-audio-user] dman 2044

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] dman 2044
From: David J.Kuntz (djkntz_AT_geocities.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 19:23:04 EET

On Sun, 06 Jan 2002 04:14:51 -0500
"root" <vvucic_AT_EUnet.yu> said something like:
Thanks to everyone. I checked the midiman site before posting, and the card isn't listed anymore. Looks like it's been deprecated, no manual, etc. The one review of the card I found on the web was from 1998. The alsa mailing list archives has several posts scattered on it about the card, and all seem to point to it using the cs46xx chip, so it "should" work, but no one actually reported getting it to work, and so. . . I'll post to the list and see if anyone has had success. I did find one reference in the midiman.com support section that suggested turning off plug and play in the bios for the pci slot the card is using and manually assigning resources to it. Might be a lead, since lspci (thanks Frank, forgot about that one) tells me "unknown device".
I'm using alsa 0.9 beta from Debian unstable.

--
When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if
I had any firearms with me.  I said, "Well, what do you need?"