Re: [linux-audio-user] dman 2044

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] dman 2044
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 12:40:28 EET

David J.Kuntz hat gesagt: // David J.Kuntz wrote:

> Um, newbie alert. Not new to linux, just sound stuff. Anyone able
> to point me to some docs to get a midiman dman 2044 working with
> ALSA? Friend of mine gave it to me a couple of days ago, to tide
> me over until I can save the cash for a new card, and I can't find
> much on it. The ALSA sound card matrix lists it as being a cs46xx
> chip, but untested. I am on Debian/Sid, and in modconf when I try
> to install snd-card-cs46xx it tells me device not found, but I can
> install snd-cs46xx from there. Alsaconf tells me device not found, as
> well. Any ideas which chip set is on this card, or where I can find a
> how-to or a success story?

You maybe should ask this on the alsa-user mailing list. You can find out
which chipset your card has with "lspci" from the package pciutils. Look
for a "Multimedia audio controller" or similar. To help you with installing
and configuring ALSA, we must know, which version of ALSA you intend to use.

bye,

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______