[linux-audio-user] MIDI - To host - serial?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] MIDI - To host - serial?
From: Tobias Ulbricht (up5a_AT_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 17:02:56 EET

While you are discussing MIDI external devices:

Just came across the "to-host" plugs.
Never had to connect one.(is that the standard name "to-host"?)

Now I have a dig.piano. MIDI IN/OUT, and to-host.

Is there a to-host-> serial cable, or what's the standard there?
Since I have no gameport on my laptop I'd like to connect the yamaha
by other means...

any options?

> I meant "So it seems that Midiman is NOT as linux friendly
> as thought.".

BTW. I know where they live...(sadly enough it's my 20,000 pop. home town
and I never knew it ... if i were a driver hacker I could step in for a
visit and do some preaching :) ...)

Cheers, tobias.