Re: [linux-audio-user] the mystery of the disappearing sound card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] the mystery of the disappearing sound card
From: Tobias Ulbricht (up5a_AT_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 11:05:53 EET

> > pnpdump segfaults.... with the following message

[snip]

> occured after running pnpdump. If you do get an oops, you
> probably want to get a newer kernel. On the other hand there
> may be something wrong with the pnpdump program which is
> part of the isapnptools package, in which case you would

doesn't that sound like a hardware issue? IIRC, he said in Windows the
card would once in a while not pop up. So is it maybe broken?

I had problems with pnpdump 2 years ago, but worked flawlessly ever since,
with both isapnptools and kernel-isapnp-support.
but try out both versions to make sure.

cheers, tobias.