Re: [linux-audio-user] the mystery of the disappearing sound card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] the mystery of the disappearing sound card
From: iriXx (irixx_AT_irixx.org)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 12:33:15 EET

hi,

thanks heaps!

i'm actually just about to try out a new kernel anyhow...
has anyone any reccomendations (and a reccomendation of which recent 2.4
kernel might be good for LL ?)...

i've got a copy of one of the 2.5 betas... curious to try it... but let
me know if there are any which are no-nos! ;o)))... ( i seem to remember
there was a problem with one of the 2.4's...)

hmm....
yeah, in Windows it doesnt pop up sometimes... but i have a huge amount
of stuff in my machine, so windoze sometimes doesnt like that, finds it
cant allocate enough interrupts... (usually this means i miss either the
Turtle Beach pinnacle or the floppy drive!).. it seems to be working
fine though once i get it running....

will check pnpdump/isapnptools & the kernel :o)))

ohhh...
and btw.... i'm a she not a he ;o)))

miriam aka iriXx

--

iriXx

www.iriXx.org

"you can try the best you can... you can try the best you can... ...the best you can is good enough"

thom yorke / radiohead