Re: [linux-audio-user] Introduction

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Introduction
From: root (vvucic_AT_EUnet.yu)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 06:08:01 EET

COngratulations on coming to Linux. There are many o fus who were struggling
with various operating systems and moved to Linux. I have very positive
experience with MIDIMAN audio cards. They do have very good converters,
sound is clean. I recommend you to go to

www.linuxartist.org and check audio. You will find there a lot of
interesting things.

Good luck!

Vedran Vucic

On Friday 11 January 2002 13:08, you wrote:
> Howdy everyone,
> I've been a musician for about 25 years, the last ten have been in the
> digital/computer world and after messing with dos/windows since they came
out
> and getting really tired of rebooting and inopportune crashes (aren't they
> all), my wife has always considered Macs passe and 'on their way out' (even
> if they are taking a long time doing it) I finally decided on linux!
> I've been playing with Linux and several distros for about 4 years now and
> the stability and speed, the comraderie and group effort involved was my
> decision. Besides, I do a little programming, testing, troubleshooting and
> documenting in my 'spare time' and this gives me a chance to put my effort
> where, I feel, it will do the most good for the most people.
> I am currently in the process of revamping my studio. It has always been
an
> analog studio with digital editing added as it became feasible and now I'm
> adding digital recording as well.
> The RME-Hammerfall card gets rave reviews and as they acknowledge Linux
for
> what it is instead of what others would have them fear, I've presently got
> 96/52 on order.
> What I'd like to hear is other peoples succes stories, with various Linux
> software and what they were trying to do with it. Hardware success
stories,
> active projects for Pro/semi-Pro software or drivers supporting hardware
that
> could maybe use some support.
> So! What do you all use? Suggest? Would do differently if you could?
What