Re: [linux-audio-user] Introduction

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Introduction
From: iriXx (irixx_AT_irixx.org)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 18:38:20 EET

Speaker to Vegetables wrote:

> This sounds like the kind of specific experience reporting I had hoped
> to see more of on this list.

cool.... :o)))

well i'd have to add to that list the NoTAM suite...

especially Ceres3 and Mammut...
indispensable.... and gorgeous effects :o))))
i can't produce those sort of sounds any other way....

> What about specific sound card / other hardware / driver (version, ALSA
> or other) / kernel (version, patches) that people on this list have
> used to record & edit music? At the momement I'm most interested in a
> reliable, cheap set-up for recording, over-dubbing, and mixing a modest
> number of audio and MIDI tracks. Recording one or 2 tracks at a time is
> sufficient, but I really need reliable, well-synchronized full duplex
> operation. Am I asking too much? I've tried a creative SB live with
> ALSA 0.5.10+SuSE patches and maybe that will be OK for a while if I can
> find an application that works (Broadcast 2000, doesn't, quite, and
> beside its author seems to have gone insane or something). I tried a
> Turtle Beach Santa Cruz but full duplex doesn't seem to work, never
> mind all the whizbang features hyped on the box! Maybe I should spend
> some semi-real money and get some MidiMan / M-Audio gear? Maybe I
> should head back to windoze land for another year or 2 and hope that
> somebody decides to REALLY support Linux with a sound card?

just going from what i've heard, midiman or hammerfall would be the thing...

i've had good results from full duplex with a Turtle Beach pinnacle, but
its a nightmare to configure, every time i upgrade...

best

iriXx

www.iriXx.org

"you can try the best you can... you can try the best you can... ...the best you can is good enough"

radiohead: optomistic