Re: [linux-audio-user] greetings and request for cluestick

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] greetings and request for cluestick
From: Gary Counsellor (sineigs_AT_eskimo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 19:35:33 EET

Greetings Mitch,
        I'm sure I qualify as an 'older' musician/techie and I'm probably just a
scoce further than you (then again, maybe not) on going digital via Linux.
Due to my doing this for a living and most clients being 'results oriented' I
use Linux mainly for editing and adding 'that little extra'. Recording is
all done on dedicated hardware (getting 16, 24 or 32 channels or more into a
computer at one time just isn't very practical yet).
        I agree with Vedran, Midiman is cool, so is Hammerfall, (hoping against
flame wars) but knowing your distro and what you ultimately would like to
accomplish and just how far into this monetarily (please, no details unless
you independantly wealthy and looking to adopt hungry musicians, budding
studios, and about 2400 software projects looking for assistance ;-) ), time
wise, direction etc. your interested in going could help.
        Welcome aboard and hope you find something to "keep ya truckin'"

--
Gary Counsellor http://www.musician2000.com
sineigs.all.attitudes_AT_eskimo.com

In 1977, there were 37 Elvis impersonators in the world. In 1993, there were 48,000. At this rate, by the year 2010 one out of every three people will be an Elvis impersonator. (Source: N/A)