Re: [linux-audio-user] Hello! greetings from a new subscriber

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Hello! greetings from a new subscriber
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 19:28:28 EET

Steve Harris hat gesagt: // Steve Harris wrote:

> I am a fellow DX7 addict. Please don't clone the interface! My first MIDI
> program was a DX7 patch editor/librarian for the Amiga. I'l gladly help
> with any C translation questions you might have and/or write an LCP
> interface to it, though it might be better as a jack app.
>
> [more of an l-a-d question] Out of curiosity, can you tell me how much
> antialiasing code you put in? I've heard that an important part of the DX7
> sound was the aliasing.

I didn't aspire to get the original sound. Because I don't have a DX7,
that would be in vain, anyway. My PDX7 is more like an exercise in 6
Operator FM-synthesis.

So, there's no antialiasing at all. Maybe that's why I didn't get the
real sound of a DX7 at all. I tried some operator and envelope values, I
got from some webpage, that should sound like a Rhodes, but, well they
sounded anything, but not even remotly like a Rhodes ;)

bye,

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______