Re: [linux-audio-user] Pro Audio Software RANT!!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Pro Audio Software RANT!!!
From: Gary Counsellor (sineigs_AT_eskimo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 21:07:59 EET

> > similar) audio software (i have seen al lot of software but i don't know
> > wich is pro or not) for my Pc (with 2 RME hammerfall Digi 9652) . I need

Pro is a state of mind both Trent R (NIN?) and U2 among others used an Alesis
MMT-8 (Non-pro MIDI sequencer) to write compositions where the original
tracks from said equipment ended up on the final cut. And that's MIDI!
YIKES! If I remember correctly the question was "Really? and you used MIDI?
It doesn't sound like we usually assume MIDI to sound like, stiff and
mechanically precise" The answer to the question was, "...the MMT-8 was such
a pain to get around in and limited in its abilities that once we got the
jist down we left it that way and ended up liking it"
another hit comes outta nowhere.

--
Gary Counsellor http://www.musician2000.com
sineigs.all.attitudes_AT_eskimo.com

In 1977, there were 37 Elvis impersonators in the world. In 1993, there were 48,000. At this rate, by the year 2010 one out of every three people will be an Elvis impersonator. (Source: N/A)