Re: [linux-audio-user] sharing files with windows and HD partition

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] sharing files with windows and HD partition
From: Tony Lambley (tonyl_AT_vextech.net)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 01:30:33 EET

I used to do store my mp3s on fat32 to allow access from both linux and
doze98. All you need to do from linux is to mount the doze drive. You don't
need a special partition, your native doze is accessible from linux
(providing your kernel supports the filesystem).

If I recall correctly, you only need to create a directory, say in /mnt
called doze, and mount /mnt/doze to the partition that contains your .wavs.
E.g.

mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/doze

Then doing a `ls /mnt/doze' will list the contents of your doze c: drive.
From there you can set up symlink to the require directory for extra
convenience. Feel free to email me direct for further assistance should you
have problems!

Tony

---

I'm new to Linux (SuSE 7.2) Like some others, I usualy use Windows98 for audio softwares. But now, I need to use yet them and trying to do something with audio softwares for Linux. I don't know what I'll do later but now I need the twice. So, can you explain (or a web link) how can I share .wav files with w98 and Linux ? Someone say to me to have just one data ( .wav for example) partition for both, in FAT32 because Linux can mount Fat files. What do you think about that ? Does Linux easily works with FAT files ?

Is there a better HD partitioning for audio usage ?

Thank You

-- régis