Re: [linux-audio-user] 2-pole resonant filter

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] 2-pole resonant filter
From: nixx (nixx_AT_nixx.org.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 14:19:40 EET

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 04:02:11 -0300
Juan Linietsky <coding_AT_reduz.com.ar> wrote:

> Hello! Does anyone here know how to implement a 2-pole resonant filter?
> I'm not looking for source code, but the actual theory behind it (so i can understand the source code by myself after that).
>
> Thanks in advance

wow, i just happen to be designing one of those for my project at the
moment! there seems to be little literature anywhere on resonant filter
designs, but i found one article:
http://www.sparta.lu.se/~bjorn/filter.htm (the site appears to be dead at
the mo, so try google's cache at:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:NcISrYU7aBsC:www.sparta.lu.se/~bjorn/filter.htm
damn - the digrams arent cached though. funny, the site was up 2 days ago
when i found it..)

the problem im having is finding a design with variable resonance, whilst
keeping a theoretically sound base..

contact me directly if youd like a more in depth discussion..

-nickd