Re: [linux-audio-user] Pitch shifting

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Pitch shifting
From: Andy Wingo (wingo_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 22:45:24 EET

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Remco Poelstra wrote:

> On 2002.01.28 16:42 Steve Harris wrote:
>
> I think semitones is very usefull, because when doing pitch shifting your
> are mostly working with music, thus thinking in tones.

Except for a discussion we had a while back about changing an audio
stream's speed without changing its pitch, where you would first apply a
resampler and then do a pitch shift. It is more natural to work with
percentage in that case.

Also, if you are working in a non-twelve-tone scale, percentage becomes
more generally useful.

> In short: Thanks for this great plugin and pointing me on the high quality
> version!

Yeah. Thanks, Steve :-)

best regards,

wingo.