Re: [linux-audio-user] Basic Linux Sound card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Basic Linux Sound card
From: Mel Steinberg (saxofon_AT_pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 03:40:09 EET

I'll second what xk has to say. I've seen SB Live! Values (OEM model),
currently, in the $25-35 range. The Soundfont/MIDI capabilities really
make it an even better value. If you need Digital In/Outs, Hoontech
makes REALLY reasonable expansion jackboards for it. The internal
connections are cool too. I have my TV card hooked to the internal
analog audio connector, which keeps the external one open for whatever
purpose I need it for. If the Linux support for the SB Audigy family
gets up to steam, it might be the way to go. [For the record: I'm using
it on SuSE 7.2 on an Athlon 800 w/384M RAM] Happy Hunting!