Re: [linux-audio-user] Basic Linux Sound card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Basic Linux Sound card
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 11:10:48 EET

xk hat gesagt: // xk wrote:

> Len Moskowitz wrote:
> > if the data stream is already at the sample rate you desire. If you
> > expect a bit-for-bit accurate data transfer, this can degrade the
> > original in an unacceptable way.
>
> Since it resamples the digital signal with a very accurate 8 point
> interpolation resampling algorithm, the audio quality loss should be
> minimal.

But it still does interpolate, and thus changing the data, whereas other
cards give you the original.

In fact, for a comsumer card the SBlives are okay, maybe they are the
best, considering that they come with a surround setup, hardware mixing,
a midi hardware synth and what not.

But they are definetly not comparable to a "real" recording card like
the M-Audio cards. I have both a M-Audio Audiophile and a SBlive in my
system. I bought the M-Audio because after some time I just began to
hate the SBLive card.

It still in my machine because it can be very useful sometimes.

Ciao,

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______