[linux-audio-user] Re: sox low pass filter command line

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: sox low pass filter command line
From: Paul (set_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 11:18:00 EET

author <millward_AT_Ms.Umanitoba.CA>, on Fri Feb 22, 2002 [09:20:40 PM] said:
> Can anyone tell me how to set up a
> command line sox high pass filter?
> I've read the docs and they have been
> helpful, but they give no examples
> and I need examples to learn.

        Hi;

        I dont have much experience with this stuff, but I would
recommend ecasound as the swiss army knife of command line sound
utils. It comes with a lot of examples and documentation beyond
just its man page.
        If you are getting distortion, perhaps you should be
adjusting a gain or input level somewhere, rather than filtering.
        Here is an example of simple high pass filtering using
ecasound, though:

(plays to sound card; everything higher than 400hz)
ecasound -i:foo.wav -o:/dev/dsp -efh:400
(filters to file)
ecasound -i:foo.wav -o:bar.wav -efh:400

Paul
set_AT_pobox.com